These forums are provided for community interactions only. For official support please submit a support ticket.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-01 13:17:39

henbjo

No pictures, just white boxes (thumbnails and large)

Hello. I'm having bg troubles here.

I'm using SlideShowPro in Flash, galleries created by SSP Director, memory_limit is high and I'm using GD2.

When I load my slideshow swf in my browser, almost all the times, no thumbnails or pictures will show up, only white boxes. Although, for the short period, half a second or so, when the thumbnail bar is generated after I've chosen the album I want to look at, I will be able to see faint thumbnails (30% alpha max), that then quickly fade out to 100% white. Some alpha-voodoo going on here?

When I click to open a photo, the size wil be correct, but where the photo is supposed to appear, ony a white background is visible.

It's probably worth mentioning that this does not happen when tested locally.

Does anyone have a clue?

Need help fast on this one, so any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, just throw'em out there folks!

Last edited by henbjo (2008-10-01 13:19:01)

#2 2008-10-15 05:33:13

afrmx
Support super
Website

Re: No pictures, just white boxes (thumbnails and large)

Turn "Smoothing" Off.

This happens when flash does not feels it has the correct permissions to manage content that comes from an external source, even if it gets loaded through a valid crossdomain policy.

Antonio Farias
antonio[at]slideshowpro.net

(Tambien doy soporte en espaņol, solo pregunta.)

#3 2008-10-20 22:21:50

OsiriSioux

Is there any way to resolve this issue?  Or is it in the works?

I know that in the version history it says, "Smoothing now works when loading content from a domain that permits security access. (Only applies to AS3 version)."  Does this allow some way of making smoothing work if you're, say, loading images from Flickr's API?

Please let me know!

Thanks!!!

Nick

#4 2008-10-31 08:06:04

afrmx
Support super
Website

Yes this issue is only resolved on the ActionScript 3.0 version. This will enable to load images from Flickr and use the smoothing filter at the same time.

On ActionScript 2.0 we are looking for a fix, but ActionScript 2.0 is rather limited on this area.

Antonio Farias

#5 2008-12-17 20:03:17

OsiriSioux

Is there anything special you need to do to make this work or simply put the AS3 version of the plug-in in your Flash?

Thank you!!!

Nick

#6 2008-12-18 02:54:21

afrmx
Support super
Website

You would need to start with a fresh AS3 fla file, then add the AS3 version of SlideShowPro for Flash to the stage.

Antonio Farias

#7 2009-02-20 02:07:17

DougStanley

I am having a similar problem but am using AS3, and have Director wihtin the same domain as the Flash SlideShow. Note that Director recfognizes the presence of the crossdomain.xml file

Any suggestion?

Board footer