These forums are provided for community interactions only. For official support please submit a support ticket.
You are not logged in.
I am having a problem showing my slideshow using Lightroom and Director. I've made this work in the past but it's been a couple of months and I've probably forgotten how to do it. I've looked at all of the documentation again and cannot find what I'm doing wrong. I've compared the index page that I've created this time and uploaded to my server with previously created and working index pages and the code looks the same to me. After uploading to my server and looking at the page with a browser all I get is a black screen (the background), with no content.
I've used the lightroom to director plug-in to upload content to a newly created album, and have activated it. I've copied the XML file path, plugged that into Lightroom and changed it to Director to create the custom player. I can see my slideshow correctly in the workspace in Lightroom, however I cannot see it previewing in a browser, which I have been able to in the past. I export the slideshow to my desktop and the folder looks to contain everything necessary. I upload this to my server and look at it in a browser and all I get is a black screen.
I have recently upgraded from windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit and Lightroom 4 64-bit. I'm having the same issue using Lightroom 3 64-bit. I am using the latest Lightroom plug-in and the latest version of Director.
So what am I missing? And, thanks for any help!
I upload this to my server and look at it in a browser and all I get is a black screen.
That's a big problem. The slideshow should always be visible once you put it on the web.
Can you post the link to the non-working slideshow? There's really no way for me to tell what's going on until I see what the slideshow is trying to do.
Why is it when you take your car to the mechanic it won't make that noise that you've been hearing? Here I am asking for help after working on this off and on for a couple of days and now it's working. And frankly, I don't think I did anything different enough this time. Of course, I deleted all of the non-working folders on my server.
I decided to put up the slide show without using Director so I switched Lightroom back to images.XML and default. This previewed in a browser fine. I thought, heck I'll try one more time. I went back to Director and copied the XML file path one more time. Though, I had been copying it by selecting the path and control + C because the button to copy wasn't working in Director. For some reason the button worked to copy this time and so I plugged that in to Lightroom and switched it to Director. I previewed that in a browser and the slideshow appeared. I exported it, uploaded to my server, and presto, there it was.
Thank you for your prompt attention on this, I'm glad you're able to fix it just by being there! Hopefully next time it will work seamlessly.
I do what I can!
I've seen an issue in LR4 where the "Image data not found" message appears in the preview window. It goes away when you change a setting (anything, like a color, or something).
I've told Todd about this.
yesterday for first time i tried ssp lr 1986 with lr4 and had xml path not found,... impossible to change, no idea if i needed to go to security of adobe panel to allow image folder,...
i had the good idea to toggle between default and director and a slideshow appeared with my collection strange but good new to see something else than a black screen.
coming back to default changed nothing and i had my slideshow.
however, as said in the new post, no thumbnail in navigation,... even if selected. nothing refreshes
The security settings shouldn't need to be changed; the image data is being loaded from the network (which Adobe considers "normal").
I think you need to update SSP/LR and re-install for LR4.