These forums are provided for community interactions only. For official support please submit a support ticket.
You are not logged in.
So I've installed slidepress, uploaded the latest version of ssp, and created a gallery (i think i did it correctly) and placed the slideshow in the post to display the gallery, but nothing happens.
I'd love to see a walkthrough video or tutorial on this. If someone can walk me through it, I can do it. I love SSP, and since moving to Wordpress sites, I haven't been able to use it much as clients don't like messing with xml files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Can you post a link to the slideshow so I can see what is going on?
Unfortunately, I've removed it in lieu of another solution for now until I could sort this out. When trying to impliment this plugin, it wasn't very clear on the steps to get this running. I followed the basic tutorial but no success.
Maybe a more detailed instruction would help. Again, I'd build a tutorial once I get it 100% up and running with each step that's needed, files, where they go, and code that is needed for each page. I did use the SSP icon to place a slideshow but no effect.
Can you tell me where you ran into a problem with the current instructions?
I'm also having problems with seeing images. Hopefully I'm on the same topic here.
I've added the player on a page and did what seemed to be the correct settings.
http://www.proximotravel.net/memories/o … oto-album/
Can we not put this on a page? Does it have to be on a post?
I created a post:
http://www.proximotravel.net/photo-albu … rst-album/
It seemed the instructions told me to add a bunch of photos to the post and then include its ID in the SlidePress window.
I'm looking forward to using this plugin. I've been able to use this in other Flash apps but here in WordPress I'm sure I'm missing something.
Here's a screen grab of the settings I used in the SlidePress panel:
I would appreciate any help you can give to help me get a clue.
Contact me at the support address and I'll take a look at the admin.
This morning I found the problem I was having with setting up the plugin. I wasn't using a WordPress Gallery on my post page.
Here are the steps that I used:
- In WordPress, create a new Post
- Do what the SlidePress insructional documentation says and ...populate the slideshow with content, click the small photo icon to the right of the "Upload/Insert" label in the post editing interface. WordPress will ask you to select files from your computer. Upload however many images you'd like to include. This NEEDS to be more than one image though so as to create a WordPress Gallery (that is unless there is some other way to create a WordPress Gallery).
- While you are in the Upload/Insert dialog, go ahead and add any descriptions etc. to the images.
- Once you're done adding images and giving them descriptions, designating their sizes and anything else, click "Save Changes" on the bottom of the dialog.
- After you've saved your changes, you will still be in that dialog. You can now click the "Insert Gallery" button on the bottom of the dialog
- This now inserts your gallery in the Post.
- Publish your Post.
- While on the Post, take note of what its ID is. You can also find the ID by going to the Post listing page and rolling over that particular Post name and watching the URL on the bottom, status bar of your browser. It will be a number at the right-end of the URL.
- Now either create a new Page or edit the Page that you want to show the slideshow of images on.
- This is when you click on the Insert SlidePress Gallery button.
- You set all your setting as described in the directions, and make sure you set the XML source for a WordPress Gallery and include the ID that you noted for that Post.
- Now publish your Page.
This was how I found it to work anyway.
If anyone has found or created a demo or video of this process, I think it would be great to share. I couldn't find one.
Thanks and good luck.