These forums are provided for community interactions only. For official support please submit a support ticket.
You are not logged in.
My first post here
I've some problems with thumbgrid now i've installed flash CS5....
In layout parameters, i can't change rows and column values without bug...grrrr ! I explain : when i change the value, it always erase my thumbgrid canvas in the flash interface (i've just a big grey square instead of thumbs) and on flash preview it keep me only one column and one line of low definition thumbs...
Really bad effect...
I use the last version of slideshow pro for flash and try it with last version of thumbgrid + beta2 : nothing more... (For info it's self-install director related galleries)
Thanx for help !
bump! I have the same problem. Changing thumbgrid parameters in flash cs5 bugs alot.. ;(
I was talkin' about this problem with the support ; we try some parameters in fla files ;
The problem was that i had good parameters in my component window for rows and columns, but after sending the fla file the support see other parameters like 10000 rows !!
I do this galleries with flash CS4, then upgrade to CS5 and had this problems... Maybe it comes from here ?
I'm working on CS5, on a iMac i7, with snow leopard... I don't know if it only with the mac version or not...
Yes i suspected something like this. The component inspector in Flash CS5 seems to have some problems to give the correct values to the component. I dont know, i'm not a programmer.
It is the same strange behavior with alpha values for example, its not possible to archieve a 50% transparency, i tried many different numbers (0.5; 0,5; 5; 50; 500; 0.05; -50) nothings works, it stays 100% opaque.
Hope the compatibility will be fixed soon.
working with windows 7 64bit
Last edited by mikeog (2010-05-21 16:05:09)
any updates here? can you say if it is a user problem or software conflict?
For me there is a problem with flash CS5 and the Slideshow pro component. Values that i see in my flash panel seems not to be real... Don't know how to fix it...
I'm having some issues with both SlideShowPro and Thumbgrid 2.0 with Flash CS5. I'm using a Quad Core, 8 GB ram, fast video card, Windows 7 64-bit Pro and trial version of CS5 waiting for my licensed copy to arrive.
1. In previous versions of Flash, when you dragged the SSP and Thumbgrid component to the stage, you could click on the "Component Inspector" and you could see the various parameters in the "Parameters" tab of the Component Inspector. Now there is simply a phrase in this tab of the Component Inspector that says "Edit a component instance's parameters in the Property Inspector".
Okay...this caused some consternation since I'm used to CS3 and using the "Component Inspector" and didn't see the usual stack of SSP/Thumbgrid settings.
2. I finally find the "Component Parameters" underneath "Position and Size" which is not where I was expecting to find these. On load on a new Flash file for the SSP, the "Component Parameters" were NOT visible until I resized the entire Flash window from full screen. The "Component Parameters" area of the Property Inspector tab in Flash CS5 seems somewhat erratic in terms of visibility.
3. Once I could see the "Component Parameters" in the Property Inspector, I could see the information on the Thumbgrid 2.0.1 on the stage, but the fields that allow changes in the parameters, were stretch out to the full width of the screen (original Flash setting) and I had to scroll them to the right to see the edit drop down triangles. Its as if they are not seeing the resize window properly in Thumbgrid 2.0.1. This might be causing people to not be able to edit the component and have the edits stick.
4. I then clicked on the SlideShowPro component on the stage in CS5, and (voila!) the display for the Component Parameters in the Property inspector changed so that the fields for the different edits of the component were now the right width and I could see the drop down switches in the Component Parameters area of the "Property Inspector" tab. Curiously, this now changed the Thumbgrid 2.0.1's display to properly read.
5. Regardless, in the Component Inspector itself, the Component Properties tab still says you have to go to the "Property Inspector" area to get to edit the properties of either component.
-I think both components should have the Component Parameters tab in the Component Inspector populated with the field values. Actually it should be in both places since they are reading the same information. This has to be a setting that's been overlooked in the components themselves or something new in the structure of Flash CS5 that needs to be "dialed in" properly in the components.
-The width of the fields in both components should resize smoothly with the change in the window dimensions for Flash. Right now making edits in CS5 looks like its going to be very time consuming with the way both components are behaving in it. (i.e. make edit in field, scroll to the right to see the drop down, etc.)
-Resizing the main Flash window window with either component on the stage seems to be very slow in responsiveness. Not sure if this is another issue with CS5, but I suspect that it is. Its like it is having to do too many calculations to resize smoothly for some reason.
Anybody got any suggestions here?
I have the same experience with the cs5 version of flash. I belive the error should be found there, rather than in the Component for both Slideshow for Flash and Thumbgrid. I saved the flash file as a cs4 from Flash cs5 and opened it in Flash cs4 - and it worked there. So for all of you having these problems, go back to Flash cs4.
Hope it helps for other than me.
I have the same problems with Thumb Grid in Flash CS5 and Windows 7 x64.
I spoke with the support and they told me that they know about these problems in 64 bit OS and they will try to fix them.
I have download the update for Flash CS5 but the problem remains.
I don't know if it is Flash CS5 IDE problem or the Thumb Grid properties problem but the only solution I found until the final fix , is to modify everything from Action script.
it would be great to get an ETA for fixing this problem. Its kinda inconvenient to handly my websites with 2 flash versions..
Hello, I am on CS5, the CS4 is not on my machine any more.
I need a fix a.s.a.p. - this delays me with all current projects!!!
Yeah, same here. Please fix it a.s.a.p.
And it stays so very, very quiet.... on the others side ?
Please respond, people fro SlideshowPro, this needs a proper answer I believe ?
Same problems here on Mac,
Did someone here from slideshow Pro Devel.
is there an update ?????
This Flash CS5(non english Version) Bug was not cured with today's update.
Is there any talks to Adobe already about this or are they not arware?
I wonder why they are so slow with this severe bug.
I filed another bug report to Adobe. I hope many of you will do so too,
or we will see a fix not before a paid CS6 upgrade :-)
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/ind … moid=EWQQL
I have problems in CS5 also.
Changing the quality setting on image or thumb completely destroys image quality and i need to remove and add the instance of slideshowpro all over.
Conclusion not possible to use slideshowpro before they get this fixed...
Very bad issues here...
wot a pain...2days on it... probs with colums and rows, image resizing ..in CS5 ...2 working days in the a*s...
It just seems like the entire Flash CS5 experience has slowed down considerably, particularly when there is an instance of SSP on the stage. If I click on the instance to edit the component, 2 - 4 seconds elapse before the screen is updated with Windows 7 64-bit Pro. Anything I do with the SSP or Thumbgrid component in Flash is very slooooowwww.
I believe this is an Adobe issue, but its making it very hard to work with this wonderful product in the CS5 environment on a 64-bit machine.
Windows 7, 64bit, 8GIG RAM, CS5, still painfully slow to work with the Component in the Properties Panel. Anyone know of any resolution?
Same issue here ... Yesterday i bought thumbgrid and cant really use it.
After Export to cs4 file and open it in cs4 the params for the grid 6,00 and 4,00 instead of 6 and 4.
Maybe it helps someone.
CS5, Win7Pro 32bit
Last edited by DaffyDuck (2012-01-02 21:34:02)
Bump. Windows 7, 64bit, Flash Professional CS6. The problem is still there, but seems somewhat moderated.